Roast Chicken – 45 mins to 1hr
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 1 x medium chicken
- Oil 3 x tbsp
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Light your pizza oven following the ‘Lighting Instructions’
- Place the Chicken in a good quality (ideally stainless steel) roasting tin.
- Pour the oil over the chicken and rub to cover
- Season the chicken
- Place the roasting tin in the front half of your oven with the oven at around 350-400c for 10 mins
- DO NOT cover the chicken straight away, allow the skin to start to crisp and gain some colour. Rotate the tray halfway through the initial 10 mins.
- Once the skin has a good colour remove the tray and place on a surface. Use this time to add 2 more logs onto the fire to maintain your heat.
- Cover the tray with 2 layers of kitchen foil and place the tray back into the oven. Rotate the tray every 8 mins or so and keep an eye on your heat, do not let the oven drop below 300c. If needed remove the tray and add 1 or 2 logs.
- After 35-40 ins remove the foil and let the skin crisp. Bring the tray out of the oven and stab the thigh and ensure juices are running clear. If you see some colour in the juices place the foil over the chicken and check regularly.
- If cooked, allow to rest for 20 mins.
Please note timings for roast chicken may vary depending on which pizza oven you are using.